Event Description Template
Note to organizer: When you have finished adding your event details and modifying this template to fit your local context please book a Review Meeting with Carl and your event will be hosted on your own subdomain (that Carl will set-up for you and connect your event page to): yourcityname.kidshackday.com
Cost: FREE (required)
Tickets: Open to the public (required)
Age: 5+ (recommended)
Event Design (recommended)
- FREE & open drop-in family day for the community, [YOUR TIME HERE]
- There are only limited [X] attendees. Hurry up!
- Facilitators: 1 facilitator per 5-10 kids.
- Lunch & snacks provided (recommended)
- Please inform us if participant got special diet needs
Tools and Materials (recommended)
Bring your own Android Tablet or Laptop if you want to participate in the programming station.
Note to organizer: We recommend you design your event based on material from www.strawbees.com who is our main partner and whose Coding & Robotics kit was developed by the Kids Hack Day Global team. You are more than welcome to complement with or use other material e.g. material you already have. Materials provided (recommended): We will have tape, glue, paper, pens, cardboard and straws for building and designing.
Planned Stations (recommended)
Note to organizer: The event will have different stations that attendees can explore freely. This is the standard event design that is recommended. Below are all the different stations we recommend to include. You are more than welcome to experiment with the format. Bare in mind that if you want to include moderated workshops this will require more staff and more planning from your side.
Example event with this set-up
Station 1: Welcoming & registration
Station 2: Free building & crafts (+ intro to Strawbees material)
Station 3: Robot race (intro to Quirkbot material)
Station 4: Programming (program your robot, requires laptop)
Station 5+ ADD AS MANY MORE STATIONS AS YOU WANT. It's always good if there is a connection between the stations. For example, if you add a 3D printing station you could focus on printing personalized eyes and feet for your robot. See eyes and feet in this video as example.
Terms and Conditions (optional)
- Since this is a free event for the community, each participant must sign up themselves through their parents.
- Limit to two (2) participants per household.
- One registration is equal to one participant
- Pariticipants are subject to final verification and confirmation
- Large groups (i.e. from same school) are required to contact us first before registering and are subject to our terms and conditions
- [Local KHD Organizer/Organization here] reserves the right to reject or cancel participant without giving any reasons
- [Local KHD Organizer/Organization here] reserves the right to change or cancel the course due without giving any reasons
Contact details of [LOCAL KHD ORGANIZER / ORGANIZATION HERE]
FAQ's (only suggestions)
- Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event? Yes, all parents need to bring their ID. Parents participating during the event is voluntary, unless your kid is below the age of 10, then you have to stay.
- What is Kids Hack Day? Kids Hack Day is a global series of free creative tech events for kids. For more info please visit http://www.KidsHackDay.com
- Is there a limit to how many tickets I can get? Yes, two (2) tickets per household. You need to register twice to get two (2) tickets.
- Can I sign up for my friend? No, each participant must sign up themselves through their parent.
- Do I need to bring anything or pay anything to attend? You only need to bring your own iPad/Tablet/Computer if you want to engage with our programming station. Other materials, we will supply, including food.
- I have attended your event before. Can I attend again? Maybe. Spaces are limited and we have to be considerate of others wanting to join.
- I have registered but can no longer attend. Can I cancel? Yes. Please do so via your account in our event website and mark your attendance as not attending. Or you can email us directly.
- Can you accommodate a large group of students? No. But.. We are happy to host a similar workshop at your school only for your students and/or teachers. Please contact us at contact details of [Local KHD Organizer/Organization here]
*Template based on events organized by Kids Hack Day Kuala Lumpur team. Many thanks to all of you!
Sign Up Today